- Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
BWT UK will notify customers by email of changes to this policy that will affect information collected from them in the future. In certain circumstances, however, BWT UK will not inform and obtain the consent of the customer, such as in connection with an investigation of a breach of an agreement, contravention of laws, the collection of a debt or in compliance with the request of a law enforcement agency or a court order.
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email to;[email protected]
This website is primarily operated by BWT UK Limited, a company registered in England under company number 01386074, and whose registered office is at BWT House, The Gateway Centre, Coronation Road, High Wycombe, HP12 3SU (BWT UK).
BWT UK has notified the Office of the Information Commissioner of its processing operations as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 and is committed to complying with the provisions of that Act. For further information on these matters please contact the Office of the Information Commissioner.
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
BWT UK collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding BWT’s products and services
- to improve our online services, including our Website and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill customer requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers regarding our products and services on a timely basis;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of the BWT UK website;
- to personalise some of our service and product offerings for you;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to protect the services, products or rights of BWT UK, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the BWT website; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning BWT’s site, products and services.
BWT UK also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing, and other business development purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies with the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us. The relationship between these companies and BWT is regulated by a contract that contains safeguards for your rights.
- Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
BWT UK limits its collection of personal information to only that information necessary for the Identified Purposes. BWT UK does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect, any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the BWT UK Website, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the BWT UK site previously. BWT UK may, from time to time use “cookies” to allow it to determine which products and services you have already purchased so that BWT UK does not provide or request redundant information to/from you. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the BWT UK Website, you may not be able to view all the text on the screens, or to experience a personalised visit, or to subscribe to certain service and product offerings on the BWT UK website.
- Disclosure, Processing and Retention
BWT UK does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to BWT’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on BWT’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if BWT UK has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with BWT’s rights or property, other users of BWT’s Website, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business we, or one of our affiliates, may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that BWT UK, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom, or in any other country in which BWT UK or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. In all cases, all third parties we share your information with are required to sign a contract which subjugates them to this Privacy Notice or follow practices as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice. By using this Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), BWT UK will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for financial records, tax reasons, or to prove BWT’s compliance with any applicable law.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
BWT UK will exercise reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimising the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information.
Customers are responsible for informing BWT about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling +44 (0) 1494 838100 or sending an email to [email protected]. BWT will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
- Security Safeguards
BWT will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
- Access to Personal Information
BWT will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by calling +44 (0) 1494 838100, or by writing to: BWT UK Limited
The Gateway Centre
Or upon request by email to [email protected]
BWT UK Limited reserves the right to make a charge for the time taken to supply copies of data If BWT UK is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting BWT as described above. BWT will promptly correct such personal information.